J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Playlists, podcasts and music from WQFS Greensboro's J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Monday, September 29, 2003

J's Indie/Rock Mayhem will be back this Friday night/Saturday morning 3rd/4th October from 12am - 2am on 90.9 WQFS Greensboro. We'll be starting back up an old tradition that was tucked away for awhle in addition to discussing my list of "top 20 songs" that I was asked to compile for an internet zine. We'll talk about your picks for your favourite songs, why they make the list, and what defines a great pop song versus a great song. Also, we'll start garnering your suggestions for albums for my 4th annual Best of the Year show in December. I'll be doing my Top 25 albums of 2003 and while ultimately it's up to me to make the list, you guys have to help remind me of albums I may have forgotten were released this year! Feel free to make suggestions for the show either in the comment box at the end of each post, or by emailing me directly. An email link is off to the right of this page.

In the meanwhile, to whet your chops for Friday night, check out this review of the Lucinda Williams/Jayhawks show from last Sunday the 25th at Disco Rodeo in Raleigh. Okay, not so much a review as a gushing love letter to both artists, but there is a complete set list for both. I'll talk to you guys on Friday night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home