J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Playlists, podcasts and music from WQFS Greensboro's J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

j's indie/rock mayhem - 30th august and 6th september 2006

The last few weeks have been chaotic and stressful for me and I don't really have a decent excuse for why the blog has lagged behind. Those of you who take the time to actually come read on a regular basis, please accept my most sincere apologies. I'm going to try and make up for this starting now.

In order to save myself a little time, the two shows I did during our temporary training schedule will not have their complete play list posted. Rather, I'll include both podcasts here with a brief list of some of the artist highlights of each show. Then I'll follow up with last week's show (September 13th) and this week's (September 20th). Both last and this week's show (this week's especially because of the You Tube links I have planned) are really great. So I look forward to sharing them with you.

A brief geek note: If anyone in the NC area is planning on attending the 2nd annual Converge South blog conference, keep an eye out for me. Last year's conference was great and I've really enjoyed getting to participate in these conferences with such a burgeoning and fiery blog scene like we have here in Greensboro. Plus, this year, I get to meet and have dinner with Mr. Sun. I cannot even tell you how excited I am.

Now, here are the shows from the temporary schedule, brief list of artist highlights afterward:

J's Indie/Rock Podcast - 30th August 2006 Show : Featuring - Camera Obscura, the Beastie Boys, Husker Du, Afghan Whigs, M. Ward, the Roots, Hot Snakes, Destroyer, Beirut, Lemonheads, Let's Active, Tom Waits, Common and more!

J's Indie/Rock Podcast - 6th September 2006 Show : Featuring - M. Ward, Graham Coxon, For Squirrels, Ultramagnetic M.C.'s, Vaselines, Mclusky, White Whale, Big Ditch Road, Violent Femmes and more!

Thanks for your patience and by the end of this weekend (promise this time!) I should be caught up through this week's show. Until then, go Panthers and take care.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home