J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Playlists, podcasts and music from WQFS Greensboro's J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

j's indie/rock mayhem - 13th and 20th september 2006

In order to fully play catch up, here are the shows from September 13th and September 20th. These are the complete podcasts and I've included a highlights summary of each one. I've also uploaded a few choice songs from the episode on the 13th.

Oh, and by the way, I can now confirm that my guests on tomorrow's show will indeed be Ed Cone and Mr. Sun. Bestill my blogging heart. They will be on to talk about the upcoming ConvergeSouth blogging conference, of which yours truly will have a part, and to generally have a good time. This'll be my first non-musical interview on the show, but with all the input that mp3 blogs have on my show each week, having them up to discuss blogging is not beyond the pale in the least.

Future notes: I have an interview scheduled with Oakley Hall when they play the Flying Anvil here in Greensboro towards the end of this month. Look for that to be broadcast in early November. I also have an interview with Citified scheduled for the November 1st show. They'll be talking about their upcoming show at the Flying Anvil, new recorded material and much more. Just a head's up on those two interviews. Now, off to the podcasts:

J's Indie/Rock Podcast - 13th September 2006 Show : This show features the following bands -

White Whale - "Nine Good Fingers" [from WWI]
the Lemonheads - "No Backbone" [from the lemonheads]
Yo La Tengo - "The Race is On Again" [from i am not afraid of you...]
the Adverts - "Gary Gilmour's Eyes" [from anthology]
the High Strung - "The Baddest Ship" (live) [from their live recordings for daytrotter]
Richard Buckner - "Lucky" [from meadow]

J's Indie/Rock Podcast - 20th September 2006 Show : Featuring - the Lemonheads, the Dead Boys, Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros, the Decemberists, Big Star, Supergrass, Blur, Beirut, the Avett Brothers, Antony, Toad the Wet Sprocket and more!

I'll be back on regular broadcasting, podcasting and blogging schedule tomorrow. So tune in for great new music, my interview with Ed Cone and Mr. Sun and plenty more where that came from. Until then, Go Cardinals! Take care.

Update: I'm having trouble with my hosting service, so the podcasts will be up as soon as I can get them there. Enjoy the select tracks in the meantime.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home