J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Playlists, podcasts and music from WQFS Greensboro's J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Josh Ritter Interview - 17th July 2007

Jon Hatch was kind enough to let me hijack his show to do this interview with Josh Ritter. He's playing tonight at Dana Auditorium here at Guilford, along with Grammy winning violinist Hillary Hahn. He was kind enough to drop in and discuss his forthcoming album, The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter, coming up as a singer-songwriter, getting a cell phone call from Joan Baez and much more. He also played 4 songs live in-studio for us! Sadly, the first one has the first line cut off, but otherwise it's complete. I hope you enjoy listening to this!

I'll be out of commission with my surgery starting tomorrow. Mad Dog will be filling in for me tomorrow night and Kathy Clark on Sunday the 20th for Extra Mayhem. Until I type again, take care.

Complete Josh Ritter Interview [click here to listen.]

Josh Ritter - "Monster Ballads" (live on WQFS - first line cut off - originally from The Animal Years)

Josh Ritter - "The Temptation of Adam" (live on WQFS - from the forthcoming The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter)

Josh Ritter - "Snow is Gone" (live on WQFS - originally from Hello Starling)

Josh Ritter - "When I Paint My Masterpiece" (live on WQFS - Bob Dylan cover)

[Ed. note: By the way, just so I correct myself from the broadcast, "When I Paint My Masterpiece" is not off of Self Portrait. It first appeared on the Band's 4th album Cahoots and then later that year on Dylan's Greatest Hits Volume 2. ]

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home