J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Playlists, podcasts and music from WQFS Greensboro's J's Indie/Rock Mayhem

Monday, September 10, 2012

WQFS Greensboro broadcasts at 1900 watts..


So, hi, again.

I realize it's been awhile. And I realize I told you I would continue with the podcast through our summer closure. Well, when man makes plans, etc. etc. But I come bearing good news.

I received a surprise email late last week from our illustrious GM that we were having our launch meeting this Sunday. So, sure enough, last night, I found myself being beckoned to sign up for a temporary schedule for the next three weeks as we get back on the air, get used to the new facilities and train new DJs.

Now, for a bit of sad news. I've been in the Wednesday night 6 PM slot consistently since January of 2004. 8 and a half years in that same spot. It's been my home away from home for a long time. But I got a new job over the summer (which I enjoy very much) and it's going to prevent me from making it to the normal 6 PM slot. So, for the next three weeks, I'll be on Wednesdays at 8 PM rather than 6. Whether I will stay there or not, I'm not sure. I'm going to see how I feel about that and decide between pushing for that slot or possibly something on Sunday evenings. Any thoughts from you guys would be appreciated, but obviously, I'll be deciding just based on how it fits into my life schedule.

Our beginning week on the air is being done on a lower-power transmitter. So there's no guarantee, at all, that if you are in our normal listening area that you will be able to get us this first week. And if you listen to us streaming via our website, that, too, will not be operative for at least this first week. It's a slow process and we're getting back to normal bit by bit. But, we're back.

There's so much catching up to do, but already it looks like I'm going to have some more great interviews lined up for the Fall and lots of great music. I don't know if I'll be podcasting this week's show, but it's possible. Keep your eyes here and on my Twitter feed for answers to that.

Now. Onward.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home